Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year


Of course one of my New Year's Resolutions is to update the blog more. My resolution is to get the go kart idea off the ground and running next fall. I need to thank Scott from Greeley on the go kart he donated over break. We have to get a new electric engine in it and figure out how to make it go, and get a seat. We need to do it ASAP the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest video is due at the beginning of February. I am struggling with two competing video ideas. I spent all break lamenting over the two and learning how to use Adobe Premiere. Luckily, there are tons of videos to help with that process. On another note, I am still struggling with the Standards Based Grading (SBG) implementation. I like it and it's cool but trying to convey that to parents and students is a bear given our current systems. I cannot do it the way I want to given these constraints. I also struggle with my grade distributions. What is the prefect way? Is there a perfect balance? If so someone let me in on it. As always this is my opinion and not my employers. Just sharing my feelings on it given this is a class blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment