Saturday, August 5, 2017

Day 18

Day 18
We started the day making balloon towers. It's amazing how much joy they get from balloons. I must say the quality of the balloons does need to improve but we had some fun.


We then took our ice cream out of the fridge from overnight. I think they liked it.

I took another stroll around the grounds today. This is the library, or at least I am told it is.
Football field or soccer pitch as I would call it. It looks like artificial turf. I am not sure.
There is this piping, the white ones, all over the place. It's like the place was built for something bigger.
Another dorm? It has to be way nicer than the one I am in.
The vegetation is very lush here. It's over this whole building. Not sure what the building is.
Ok, this seals the deal that this place is like Lost. I found the boat! A freaking boat shaped building. I can't make this stuff up.
The major stress of the day was not having thermometers that measure liquid temperature. I never paid much attention to the phrase lost in translation until I came here. I think there is something to that. I am told that they did send a picture of a liquid thermometer. 
Another case of lost in translation, just the opposite way. These are lemon marshmallow Frosted Flake Treats. There are no rice crispies here. I also asked for plain marshmallows. They also have strawberry and blueberry filled marshmallows. Just for the record they were funky.
We had some Frosted Flakes and milk left so I made them eat cereal. That's another thing here. Breakfast is a meal just like lunch and dinner. There are some breakfast foods but it's viewed at the same as all meals. Safety first is our motto here, ironically.
This is my translator Jia Tuo. I call him Tuo. We were talking about how I always see people throwing the deuce in every picture. He told me that it's victory. Apparently, the cereal is victory as well.
We took another ride in the 3 wheel rickshaw with the happiest guy in China. I love that guy. We headed back to Lishuiquiao to grab some dinner. It was close and Danielle wanted to go to her favorite shoe store. 
I know all the guide books tell you to do this, you should have the place you are staying in characters. I had to take a picture because it was getting difficult to find on WeChat. Sour pants is the guy in charge here that was not nice when we came. He had kitchen duty. I must say sour pants and his staff did anything and everything that had to be done. They work hard here and don't seem to mind doing whatever is necessary in their job.
Got this picture and it sent my spirit to the moon. I needed a lift from home and these guys deliver.
It was a campers birthday so they had cake. It wasn't too bad. It had grapes and pineapple. The white filling was thick but no overly sugary.
On to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment