Friday, July 28, 2017

Day 11

Day 11
So for the first time since I have been here, there is blue skies. I took a picture just in case I forgot what it looked like. I think China was trying to tell me something but more on that in another blog.


 The day started with these guys building paper towers.
 Indi and Winter wanted more pictures of what we were doing and since I couldn't upload pictures to the blog I sent them a selfie. On another note, selfie sticks are everywhere here.
 Doing some blood typing.

 We had a finger print activity and it wasn't working with pencils so we broke out the paint. What could wrong with Chinese kids and paint. Keep in mind it is rare for them to do activities like this.




We also did lip prints, so the guys had use some lipstick. It turns out this was one of the funniest moments of the camp. Everyone had a blast and this will probably be one of the things they remember most. 

This was my moment of zen. After my worse day, this happens to change my outlook. It was another good day with students. 
 This is a picture of a clothes dryer in Beijing. This will be me later in the week.
After class, my teaching partner Danielle and I said to heck with it and traveled down to the Olympic Park. The IBM tower is one of the coolest looking buildings ever. 
 The Bird's nest is huge and amazing to look at. The day of our cooking class Arsenal played Chelsea.
 The cube. I believe Phelps won 8 medals here and maybe a world record or two.
In true Chinese fashion I had to flash the deuces with one of the Olympic mascots.
 The scale of this park/area is incredible. I have no comparison other than hella big.
 More Cube. You can pay and take tours.
This is the indoor arena next to the cube and farthest down is the civic center. Kinda reminded me of Denver a bit in the shape.
 One of the towers at the end of the park.
 I believe this is the flame tower.
 After the Olympic Park, we were close to my number one place on my bucket list. This is one of the best breweries in Beijing. I would put it up against any brewery any where let alone China. This place had atmosphere and great beer. It was in the middle of a hutong so it was fun trying to find it.
 This is a lil general IPA.

 They don't have food at the brewery so you have to order in.We saw a woman at the bar with pizza and we couldn't resist. Pizza, beer and great atmosphere refilled our souls.
 I bought a t-shirt.
 Coach Leek pointed out to me on Twitter that they use military time, so I have changed my clock to military time as well. It seems to help.
 This was a cool door in the hutong.
This is what the subway looks like at almost 10pm. The weird thing is 9 kids in a classroom are 50 times louder than this subway car jammed to the gills with people. Almost all of them are on their phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment