Friday, July 21, 2017

Day 7- End of Week 1

So it was my last day of mini camp. The weather has cooled down and I can see the hills outside my hotel window. You can even see the summer palace tower. I am not sure the name of it but it's the one I rode by the other day. It's my last day going over to Roborobo.
 I was going through and stickering the workbooks when I came across these logo drawings. I am amazed at the fine motor skills they have so young.
 I was reminded of my daughter Indi with this guy staring at me in the washroom. It's funny how many times you can be somewhere and spot stickers, hello kitty, or cute animals like this on something.
 Our first activity of the morning was to build floating towers. Initially, I said floating structures but when one student whipped out this boat I changed it to towers. The tallest was 73cm. I was amazed at how quickly he made that. Pretty solid boat.


 We then made more batches of ice cream. Using dry is fun. This reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
 We then made containers for our ice cream.


We made extra ice cream for them to snack on. It was so hard that they were breaking their spoons.

 The director of the Roborobo office and I "talked" a bunch and asked me if I liked Peking Duck the other day. So for lunch on my last day they ordered me some. The curry duck rollovers were very good as well.
This is the Roborobo team. They were awesome and fun to work with. The girl 2nd from the end is Emma, she is from Highlands Ranch and is my interpreter/TA. She is a sophomore and is amazing. I appreciate her so much and I am amazed how hard she works.
 These are the kids I was with. As different as everything is between here and America, kids are kids and like the same things and enjoy the same things.
 In the distance is the tower.
 So my teaching colleagues are down here with me for the weekend, so Danielle and I cruised the top floor of the mall to find a place to eat. She was amazed on how many different places there were. This was one I thought Winter and Indi would like.
 A bee shop.
 The whole basement is all kids activities and stores. It's crazy the emphasis/power of children here. You can tell it's a focus everywhere.
 Danielle picked a white polar bear Japanese restaurant. I had sashimi and beer.


Tomorrow is cooking class and shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment