Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day 9

Sunday morning I was flying solo and in the afternoon we were heading to the Summer Palace. I decided to head to the zoo and aquarium. I was excited to see pandas. I hadn't seen one since my dad took me to Washington when I was young. 

It turns out that the Beijing Zoo has at least 5 pandas, that I saw. I finally got to use the zoom feature on the camera I brought. I figure Kara will be happy with me.














The rest if the Beijing Zoo has similar animals to the Denver Zoo. The large structure over the monkey cage is a train.

They had a nocturnal animal building. It needed some updating.

I did get to see Indi's favorite animal the Red Panda. I am happy one was awake and roaming around.







They had 2 big polar bear enclosures.
They had canal rides in boats.


Then similar to Denver, the zoo was cheap to get into and the aquarium was expensive. The aquarium also had small passage ways between exhibits that made it nuts.






The big draw is a Sea World style show. They featured Beluga Whales.


The aquarium was located in the back of the zoo so you had to go through the zoo to get to it. I had to hustle back through to get to the summer palace.










I had to laugh because in the subway had claw games. Indi would have made me play it.
The summer palace has a Niagare Falls vibe to it. There were tons of buses and surrounding it was touristy stuff. Finding the main entrance from the subway was a chore.

On the way was saw this place to stay at. I am sure I couldn't ever afford it.


The summer palace is on a large lake and the grounds are huge.



































This rock is the largest rock in any garden in China. It was quite the undertaking to move it here. It had cool carvings on it. Not sure who the guy in the picture is but he didn't move away from that sign.



So there is a walkway that is 700m long so the emperor wouldn't have to walk in the rain.






























It was a great view from the top. Glad I did Red Rocks training.















Indi would love this rock.
Traditional Beijing soda. It was even cold from the top of the palace.















The white boat is made of marble.






















No comments:

Post a Comment