Friday, July 28, 2017

Day 13

Day 13
One more day until we head back to civilization. We are counting the hours even though it's only Thursday. I had a chance to wander to the path behind my classroom. If this does not scream Lost. They should do a Chinese version here. I could help.






They should also do a Chinese children of the corn. This is about 500 yards from my classroom. 
It was crime scene day.
This picture of a picture a student drew of the TAs warms my heart. It did mean a lot to Brian, he was my main translator. He wants to come to American. I told him he should be a computer science teacher. He is trained as a programmer and teaches classes at Roborobo.

We made catapults out of stuff we had laying around. The goofy kid won again.
Crime Scening.
Next door to my class was a tea class. I so badly wanted to jump in and be with them. They all laughed when I took a picture.
So Camford School does tons of camps. There come by the bus loads. This group is Chinese bad kid boot camp. They stand outside the cafeteria and have to recite something before they can eat. Then it's a free for all. You might also notice the lack of pictures of lunch. I haven't had the heart to take any pictures of it. I am trying to forget some of them. They do have rice and rolls.
This is the bathroom near my classroom. I noticed the shower and lack of a drain anywhere. Another weird thing I can't explain.
There is a small store in one of the dorms. The kids were awesome today and I bought them all ice cream. They said this one is a Beijing treat. It was a fruity Pina Colada taste. Very refreshing.


It was laundry day. I will never ever gripe about doing it at home again, not that I do gripe. I am going to hug my washer and dryer.
Hockey and figure skating practice in the mall.
Tonight, we learned two things about ordering dinner. 1. Go to a place with pictures and English. 2. If it is a place with a card you have to fill out to order always order multiple even though there is more in the picture. This stuff was spicy.
Sunset. Gives me hope.

This is from restaurant #2. Tonight was a learning experience. Tomorrow is FriYAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment