Saturday, July 29, 2017

Day 15

Day 15
A full day of running around Beijing. Have I mentioned this place is huge? The plan is to get to the forbidden palace.


 Here in Beijing not much is open early for breakfast. So we opted for the only choice we could order from. Good old McDonalds. This place was insane. You can order from kiosks, go to the counter or have it delivered. Watching your number come up was a lot like watching Keno. Danielle got a bottle of moisturizer with meal. It was kind of like an adult happy meal. The best thing is the OJ was cold and the hash browns were yummy. I feel no shame.
 This place is old and doesn't get old for me. I could wander around anytime.
 The view from the watch tower in the front of the palace.

 They had an exhibition in the watch tower about the silk road. These are all things traded on the silk road. Incredible craftsmanship.


 If you can, zoom in.


 There are lots of people here. On a side note, we learned the hard way that you need your passports to get a ticket they issue it in your name(s). I made the mistake of waiting in line and didn't know enough to grab Danielle's passport so I had to wait in a 20 minute line twice. Also get there early, they close around lunchtime.
 The view from atop the guard wall.



 Guard tower.

 How they built it.
 Kara said to take artsy pictures. This is one attempt.  Another tip, charge your camera before you go. Mine ran out of juice so these are off my phone.

 Every roof here has versions of these. Very intricate.

 Another guard tower. Pardon my finger.

 Close ups of the statues on the roofs.

 How they made the art on everything. Unbelievably beautiful.

 This is just a guard tower.

 One of the numerous courtyards.

 How many feet have walked over these stones in the past few hundred years?


 Temple of something or another. I forgot which one.
 Lots of people.
 Street light.






 I was trying for the roof tops but got this kid. I think he should smile.















 The garden has artwork in the walkways.


 Sorry Indi, No climbing here.













 This is the back gate looking up at Behai park, I think.
 It was perfect weather for a popsicle.

 We wandered up to the hutong by the Drum Tower.
 Ate at the Brain Factory. They had 2 for 1 German beers.

Another blue sky moment. 
 The hutong was hopping.

 We were close to Great Leap so we stopped in for a brew to wait until it got darker to go over to Wangfujing Street.


 The hutong is so cool. They have a nice vibe.


 This is Wangfujing. It was slightly busy.


 This is the food street to get the crazy foods.


 It was pinball.

 I was too chicken to try but I imagine it tastes just like chicken.


 They love skewers here.



 Indi would love this place. Peaches are a common site.




 I was brave and tried some Beijing rolls. Tasted good. I am not sure what was in it.

 Crazy puppet guy.



 Everyone out enjoying the evening.
 Tea store with a tea house in the upstairs.


 A Rolex store!

No comments:

Post a Comment